Once a quiet fishing village, Albufeira is now one of the Algarve’s most popular resorts, teeming with restaurants, shops, bars and vibrant nightlife. Ideal for young people looking for a fun holiday in the sun, or for families wanting an active holiday, Albufeira is a great, multi-faceted tourist destination. Here are just five of the best suggestions why you should consider a villa holiday to Albufeira:
- Full of tradition due to its winding cobbled streets, market stalls, and terrific seafood restaurants, the old town’s charm has been left undiminished. Shops selling local pottery, handicrafts, souvenirs and plenty of other local peculiarities can be spotted, alongside street artists and more besides; the area is always fascinating to have a wander through.
- Albufeira has not one, but two impressive beaches to its name. Alongside Praia dos Pescadores (the Fisherman’s beach), Albufeira also has the Praia do Túnel, otherwise known as the ‘tunnel beach’, so called due to it being accessed through a tunnel through some cliffs! These sandy beaches have fantastic rock formations and are all within walking distance of our resorts!
- You can’t miss the Marina if you visit Albufeira. Vividly scenic, this stylish area is home to many a yacht. Plenty of opportunities for boat trips are available with sea fishing, dolphin safaris and diving expeditions all offered. Throughout the year, there are cafés, restaurants and an ice cream parlour to keep visitors entertained, while in the summer the Marina often hosts open-air concerts and fashion shows too.
- The Pinecliffs Golf course is only a short distance away from Albufeira, to the east in Olhos D’Água, and allows visitors to master their golfing skills in a pleasant, quiet environment. Well worth a visit!
- In contrast, the Albufeira strip is one of the most popular party destinations on the Algarve. The South side of the strip (Areias de São João) is full of bustling bars, shops, restaurants and tourists partying into the early hours, while the north side is relatively more sedate, occupied by wine bars and quieter restaurants.
Since you now have plenty of reasons to visit, you can now check out our villas! We have a number of properties in the area that will suit families, couples and young groups of friends on holiday. Take a look at our Albufeira villas to see which one you fancy.
If you want to discuss which villa would be best for you, or even if you want to book, please do give us a call on 01273 747811, chat to us online via our website www.thevillaagency.co.uk or send us an email email@example.com.